I had a bit of free time yesterday afternoon, so I took the opportunity to rough cut some of my walnut stock for a “secret” project I will hopefully begin, and end, some time next weekend. Why is this project such a secret? I’ll try to explain.
I’ve always tried to be honest and forthright on this blog concerning not only my so-called philosophy, but also my woodworking projects. I’ve done my best to detail everything I’ve made during that time, showcasing both the highlights and the mistakes. Mistakes generally don’t bother me, because the old cliché: ‘You learn from your mistakes’ is as true as the day is long as far as woodworking is concerned. But this new project is something I’ve never attempted before, so I have no frame of reference or experience to fall back on (though I have been doing research). I may as well be attempting an emergency appendectomy and trying to explain it to you all as I’m doing it.
To be even more annoyingly vague, this is not truly a woodworking project, it just happens to be partly made of wood.
For the inquisitive among you, there is a subtle hint in the photo.
In any event, I will do my best to document this little (hopefully not ill-fated) attempt. If it goes well, or even just okay, I will write a post about it. If not, forget what you see here.